India, China to complete disengagement at PP-15 in three days: MEA
The External Affairs Ministry’s comment came a day after both armies announced that they have begun to disengage from the Gogra-Hotsprings Patrolling Point 15
New Delhi: India and China will complete the disengagement process in the Gogra-Hotsprings area in eastern Ladakh by September 12, the External Affairs Ministry said on Friday.
The ministry’s comment came a day after the Indian and Chinese armies announced that they have begun to disengage from the Gogra-Hotsprings Patrolling Point 15, where the two sides have been locked in a standoff for over two years.
The two sides have also agreed to take the talks forward and resolve remaining issues and restore peace and tranquility along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in India-China border areas, the MEA said.
“It has been agreed that all temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides will be dismantled and mutually verified. The landforms in the area will be restored to the pre-standoff period by both sides,” External Affairs Ministry spokesman Arindam Bagchi said in response to queries on the issue.
Bagchi said the 16th round of talks between the Corps Commanders of India and China was held at Chushul Moldo meeting point on July 17, 2022.
“Since then, the two sides had maintained regular contact to build on the progress achieved during the talks to resolve the relevant issues along the LAC in the Western Sector of India-China border areas,” he said.
As a result, both sides have now agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra-Hotsprings (PP-15), he said.