Assam: A 9-year-old boy died in Tinsukia after coming in contact with a live wire

0
274

DIBRUGARH: A 9-year-old boy was electrocuted in Upper Assam’s Tinsukia district, police said.

The incident took place on Saturday evening in the Railway Colony near the Hindu Milan Temple in Tinsukia. The minor died after accidentally coming in contact with the live wire.

According to sources, the minor, who is an orphan, was staying at the Milan temple with other children.

Locals alleged that the incident took place due to negligence of the NF Railway Electric Department.

An electric wire lay on the ground for several hours. We have informed the Electric Department of NF Railways but they did not arrive on time and as a result, the minor lost his life, “alleged a member of Hindu Milan Mandir.

The minor was taken to hospital but doctors pronounced him dead. The incident has spread tensions throughout the region.

Leave a reply

Secured By miniOrange
Visitors: 36240