Arunachal: Search operation for drowned minors called off
Arunachal: Search operation for drowned minors called off . Rescue teams have stopped the search for two children who were swept away in the floods on June 28 in HHuto village of Papum Pare district as they could not find them even after more than five days.
Four people were swept away in a flash flood caused by heavy rains on June 28 in the Holongi River under the Huto Panchayat. While five others were rescued by local.
Papam Pare District Disaster Management, NDRF and SDRF groups, which quickly sent off an inquiry and salvage activity, recuperated a body and saved one individual that day.
However, both minors have been missing since then.
“Rescue teams continued their intensive search operation in the Hollongi River today but no trace of the missing children was found. The search was called off at 4.30 pm,” officials said
The decision to end the search operation was made with the consent of the victims’ parents and relatives, officials said.